Steps to stop MRSA are not too difficult. Much of it is common sense.
The following are CDC approved rules for dealing with MRSA:
- Hand hygiene-Wash your hands more often!
- Wear gloves-Just in case!
- Mouth, Nose, and Eye protection-You don’t know if it is airborne yet!
- Gowning-Using sterile clothing can keep a patient from retracting the disease, and if they already have it can help keep you from getting it!
- Device handling-Make sure to sanitize all hospital equipment and tools.
- Handling of laundry-Letting laundry collect and pile up can allow the bacteria to spread.